Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring into Pink!



It must be spring. I have had several orders for pink yarn. The above photo is the first skein of Hardy Naturals Aran I have dyed. I really like the Aran, it is soft in the hands, yet strong. A versatile 100% wool yarn that falls between chunky and worsted. 16-18st on 5 to 5.5mm needles. I'm calling it Spring Blossom. Tried to get the tones I see beginning to bloom around me and in photos. This is what it looks like knitted up.



Speaking of pink, I received an order for a bunch of BCA Pink in a bulky feltable yarn. Now I have bulky. I love this yarn. It is 100% wool in a very soft single ply. I am going to make myself a sweater in this yarn next winter. Knits at about 12st on 8mm.



I posted about Hayley dyeing her first skein a few days ago. Yes, that is her serious "I'm at work on something" face. Didn't her yarn turn out pretty? (I'm so proud)



Mail Day! All these packets heading out to far away lands. Hope they bring smiles when they arrive.



Thank you for all your feedback and name suggestions. I decided to go with:

Twilight: for the medium blues/mauves. Thanks, Tracy.

Millefiori: for the wildflower/stained glass. Classy name, thanks Karen.

Copperberry: for the blend of blueberry and copper mohair. I was all set to use Blueberry Blaze, but Saralyn suggested a name I couldn't resist. Thanks, Saralyn.

TO SEE AVAILABLE YARNS AND COLORWAYS (for custom orders): CLICK HERE.

And to keep entering and entering my contest, leave those comments. Contest closes April 8. See details HERE.

9 comments:

CatBookMom said...

I am one very happy knitter, having received my first order of SJK yarns. The Hydrangea is perfect, in all my favorite blues/lavenders. As I look at the Forest Camo, I keep finding more and more tones of browns and greens, more than I could have imagined all in one skein. And the Coral Glow, one of your first skeins, well, that is a *happy* yarn! Now I want Copper and Copperberry and Blueberry and.....

jayne said...

Ha! You are making me smile a very big smile. I love that I have an acronym too: SJK yarns. :) :) :)

Very glad that you are happy with your yarn. I am enjoying mine too. I get to knit Blueberry (semi-solid) for my Moonlight Sonata Shawl. I have to pretend I got it from someone else, 'cuz I can't believe it's me, lol.

Anonymous said...

Jayne, I'm having a hard time deciding what I want for my sock yarn! I think that Copperberry is calling me. Can you do that one on-demand? And what about your girly camo. Could that make another appearance? I loved it. Thanks for holding my yarn for me. I'll make a decision soon and send you an email. Corey in Maine (who can't remember her password)

jayne said...

I can try Copperberry in sock. I have the formula worked out. Girly Camo was a happy accident that I have set aside a plan to try to repeat. Let me see if I can repeat the Girly Camo to help you decide. You'll need to choose a sock yarn for me to dye (I have three to pick from as well as DK). Click on the link to see yarns/colorways and scroll down to yarns and pick something. You can e-me. I'm going to attempt Girly Camo tomorrow morning.

CatBookMom said...

BTW, I didn't mean to neglect Hayley's debut as a colorist. She's definitely her mom's kid; good taste in colors and looks like this will knit into something really pretty. Is she learning to knit too??

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo I'm all excited. That BCA pink is for me. I hope it's on it's way to me. It is so very special to me. I'm going to make the purtiest handbag you ever saw, and it will be dedicated to all the breast cancer patients I nursed during my carreer.
My needles are waiting the arrival of BCA and then I will be knitting full time.
Thank you Jayne...you make knitting so very special.
Evelyn

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I named a yarn colourway!!!
I love that girly camo too! would make great sock yarn....

Joan said...

Bravo Ms. Hayley, little dye-let in training!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, which box is mine?