Wednesday, February 28, 2007

And Awaaaaay They Go

Two pairs of socks, done and ready to fly off to Afghanistan.



In local news: Frakking Weather!

On Monday, I woke up to find snow the size of coasters falling from the sky, and snow all over the ground. Yesterday (snow gone) was warm enough to go for a walk in a short-sleeved t-shirt. And this morning, AGAIN with the snow. Not a lot of snow, mind you, but enough to make me mad. It's messing with my head.



My hands are really glad to be done with socks for a while. Think I'll go back to the delicious Baby Cashmere shawl.

7 comments:

Joan said...

You done good, kid, with the socks. Loads of good kharma heading your way. You mentioned the Paton's merino stripe as good for stripes (and I agree) but I also plan it for charity sweaters for kids. Cheater stripes.

we have the snow madness here too. 40's today with lots melting & 6" expected tomorrow.

Joan said...

duh, I meant the Paton's is good for SOCKS, not stripes. But that too. ;-)

jayne said...

Thanks, Joan, I was glad to be involved. Keeping the world warm, one foot at a time...

Yes, I would enjoy knitting small sweaters in that yarn too. Colour to prevent boredom, and that nice Patons merino.

tammy said...

Was that not the wildest snow you've ever seen? They weren't flakes, they were sheets of snow. Bizarre.

LisaW. said...

yeah yeah yeah...snow. big deal. i'm so dead tired of it being cold weather that I can't see straight. i need a tropical vacation. The Ugly Betty's and their cute blue boyfriend are great! you're so good! aaaand i will do the task you charged me with TOMORROW!

jayne said...

I know you've seen it all snow-wise, Lisa (Alaska!), but these were some funky flakes.

You're right, Tammy, bizarre. They looked like large leafy feathers, and the sky was thick with them. I don't think I've ever seen snow quite like that. It was like a cosmic pillow fight.

Madge said...

Great job on the socks!

I feel so left out with the snow - though it did get down to 40 degrees at our house last night. Brrr. That's cold for SoCal and little ole me.

Hey, the music meme was fun. I know, there are probably ten other people in the world who listen to what I listen to...so you're not out of touch! :)