Friday, March 16, 2007

My Way of Saying Thanks: Prizes!

My wee yarn shop (minus the adventurous skeins that have already flown out of here)



I want to say a heart-felt thank-you to all of you who have supported me in so many ways during this past week. I couldn't have done it without you.

One week ago today I posted a few hand-dyed yarns. I did this because so many of you here in comments, and by email, encouraged me to give it a go. Well it was a go alright. In the space of a week, I produced over thirty skeins of yarn, and sold fifteen of those, with a few outstanding custom orders yet to fill.

I have received the kindest comments and emails from bloggers, visitors, and clients alike, and it has been a pleasure to serve those of you who have shopped here. I hope you enjoy your new yarns as much as I enjoyed the magic of making them colorful.

I am feeling organized now. I have sorted my stash and my inventory purchases (yet to be painted and loved). I have an efficient system of packaging and mailing. I've found some wonderful sources of yarn supplies, and the swift has been a true blessing. Doug is handling the official end of things, and my daughter Hayley has been working as my employee, winding balls of yarn into skeins and earning spending money for herself.

So, I think it's time for a little blog-reader and client appreciation. I am going to draw for two prizes on April 9th, which will be the one-month anniversary of my shop.

Prize #1 will be for clients who have shopped here between Friday March 9 and Sunday April 8. For every ten dollars of yarn you have purchased, you will be entered into the draw. Those of you who have already shopped, have already been entered. The prize will be a quality item or items from my (considerable) stash and a $15.00 credit towards any purchase from my boutique de yarn. I will have Hayley draw a name on March 9 and will email you to ask permission to post your first name. We can agree on a code name if you'd rather remain private.

Prize #2 will be for anyone who stops by and leaves a comment between now and April 8. I appreciate you all, whether you shop here or not. The prize will be a surprise goodie chosen from my shop and sent to you free of charge. Hayley will draw for your prize and I will post your blog comment name. You can email me your contact address and colour preferences if you win.

Whee! Isn't this fun?

22 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun and congrats on your success!

Anonymous said...

Jayne, it's amazing how fast you've pulled your shop together. I'm glad you're having fun and that the whole family is involved just makes it that much better. You may have formed a dynasty. ;-} Wishing you success and color fun.

sk said...

Jayne: you are an artist!

Unknown said...

Jayne,
You get to earn money doing what you love. It doesn't get much better than this, does it? Congratulations, and I wish you much success! :-)

LisaW. said...

hahahahaha...benne cracks me up......dyenasty...hahahah..i'm so glad you are doing this...the whole thing just feels RIGHT! Go Jayne Go. go go go

jayne said...

Oh Lisa, that is toooo funny. I've been so *saturated* with dye jokes that I didn't even notice that.

DD is very intent on learning the business though, so Benne might be on to something.

DD says that watching me paint the yarn (especially when I dip sections) is as exciting as fireworks. She can't believe how it can change so fast.

Anonymous said...

Jayne all of the yarns are so beautiful. You are making wonderful memories for your daughter, and sharing with her your love and talent. Doesn't get any better than that.
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Jayne all of the yarns are so beautiful. You are making wonderful memories for your daughter, and sharing with her your love and talent. Doesn't get any better than that.
Patricia

Jane said...

What beautiful yarn! I would love to be able to do that!
Jane

Grace said...

really gorgerous and I will be buying something, wishing you continued good luck!!

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Jayne, you are making some beautiful yarns. I plan to get some sock yarn from you soon.
Cate

Anonymous said...

OK - have to say it... Jayne, you're a dye-namo! It's great that you have the family involved, it really does sound like fun :). Wishing you lots of fun and continued success.

Anonymous said...

Jayne you are doing a great job. Is an Etsy or Ebay shop the next step?

Madge said...

Dye-no-mite!

Have you looked into etsy? :)

tammy said...

Wishing you much success on your yarn business! I was wondering, what dyes are you using?

jayne said...

Hi Tammy, believe it or not I'm using Wiltons food dyes.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jayne, this is all so fantastic! I am so happy for you! It just occurred to me that Wilton's food dye might be better suited for yarn than anything else. The last time I made icing with it I had blue lips for 2 days.

ikkinlala said...

Congratulations on setting up shop! Your yarns are beautiful.

Josie said...

Jayne, your yarns are gorgeous! I was particularly taken with "Mexico". How wonderful that you can do something fun and get paid for it, and at the same time teach your children about entrepreneurship and hard work. I wish you much success! Josie

Emma said...

I just found your yarns, and they are gorgeous! I'm going to take a closer look!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and the kids are having so much fun with this!

T

Dandy said...

Hi, I've been a lurker for awhile now... well ever since I found you free bag pattern.. and it's on my "to do" list.