Like many knitters out there in blogland, I am working on Berroco's Wren Cardi. Like many knitters out there in blogland, I am finding Wren to be something of a (boring) knit. If you object to the word boring, you can insert: dull, tedious, mindless, unmotivating, repetetive. Whichever.
In an effort to motivate myself to finish, I put together what I have so far. I steam blocked the pieces, did a three-needle bind off on the left shoulder, and sewed up the left side and sleeve. Then I tried her on.
Oh my! She's a lovely top and she's going to fit like a charm. The top photo is inside the house; the next one is outdoors. The outdoor shot shows the colour better.
I love the shaping and fitting details of this top, and I really love the way it's turning out in the Filatura Di Crosa Adhoc Sandalo.
I particularly love the little ribbed sleeves. Stole that idea from Blue Sky Cropped Cardi. The ribbing makes the sleeves fit snug without any pooching.
The only other mod I've made so far is that I did the sleeves/front in the smallest size, and the back in the the next smallest size, but with a few more decreases through the waist. This was in an effort to get a 34" bust.
I also do not plan to knit the shawl collar. I love the neckline just the way it is. I'm planning to do a very minimal finish on the opening edge.
Now I just have to knit the right front, and she will be nearly done! Can't wait!!!