Monday, April 23, 2007

The Happy Wanderer



Not a lot of knitting going on around here lately. I have a big basket o'chaos in my family room. There are several layers of recently started projects that get my attention for about five minutes at a time.

Here's a funky hat I'm knitting in Project Spectrum Pink. I really like the yarn. I bought it at Birkelands, my new favorite LYS.



So what have I been doing?

Among other things, I've been wandering around blogland. There is no particular method to my madness; I just wander where the links take me. Sometimes I follow new commenters on my blog back to their sites and then follow some of their links or comments down the rabbit trails of blogdom. Other times, I look at the link lists of new and interesting blogs I've found and see where those go. Yesterday, the lines were all down at etsy for hours and hours. Hundreds of etsy buyers and sellers were chatting up a storm over at the etsy blog, so I invited some of 'em back here for a visit and a mini yarn contest. I have really been enjoying seeing what else is going on in blogland and meeting some new people.

Here are a few fun things to check out:

Go and visit Alyson's Blog. Alyson has knitted the most amazing stocking (leg stocking, not Christmas stocking). You will goggle with disbelief. I don't know how she is going to get the second one made, but I'm going to be watching for it. Alyson has also posted a link to an online yarn shop with some irresistable deals on Malabrigo (7.00), Tilli Tomas (30% off), and Lorna's Laces (various excellent deals). I visited and was sorely tempted. Oh, and Congrats to Alyson, who won my wee etsy contest. I will be sending her a free skein of worsted.

Another fun blog to visit is Rabbitch's site. Rabbitch has fun cartoons and great links. She has a wicked sense of humour too. She is in process of filling up a window display over at Birkelands with her hand-dyed yarns and knitting/spinning accessories, and I'll get to visit these things in person! I can't wait to see what she's made.

Rabbitch's site led me to Jacey at Insubordiknit. Jacey runs a blog and a shop. I've mentioned her before, and you'll be hearing about her again. She has a great sense of humour, and her yarns are amazing! I have a swap going with Jacey, and I am sooooo excited. I'm sending her out some sock yarn, and she is sending me....Well, you'll just have to wait and see. More on this later.

These are just a few of the fun sites I've found. I'll report on others in other posts.

Etsy is fun, or at least it was until it went down for hours and hours and hours. They're doing some major renos over there, and when the site went back up, it was really limping. I'm avoiding the place for now, but once it's working again, I'll introduce you to some fun sites and people over there.



I wish I could claim this beautiful knitting as my own, but alas it was done by another knitter. Karen/Lunadog bought this yarn from me to knit a shawl for a charity auction. Yesterday, she came by to pick up her skein of prize yarn from my draw last month, and she brought the work in progress to show me. The shawl is amaaaazing. Karen is an excellent knitter, and the yarn looks and feels beautiful in this pattern.

Karen is knitting her shawl with four skeins of the 100% Mercerized wool worsted in Twilight. She's using the pattern that CatBookMom recommended in her blog a while back. It's a free Lion Brand pattern that does not look so hot in the LB pictures, but that is really a lovely shawl. Check out CBM's blog post on this shawl HERE.


Finally...and true to my word, I have posted three new sock yarns to my shop here at the blog. You can check them out over yonder. I'll move them over to etsy in a day or so.



Hope everyone is getting more knitting done than I am!

8 comments:

Rosie Perera said...

At least Etsy being down ended up sending several new readers to your blog.

CatBookMom said...

Go Jayne! The pictures of Karen's shawl are lovely, and I'm sure she's enjoying knitting with your beautiful yarns.

I *know* there's a big box of yarn on its way to me, but oh, you just keep coming up with more great color ideas.

TracyKM said...

Lunadog's real name is Karen? LOL. I've known her as Lunadog for so long! Just like I have to remind myself that catbookmom is Barbara...she's always been CBM! I'm so lame with my ID. LOL. Beautiful pictures today :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't show the one or two dog hairs on the shawl, Jayne! I should mention it's for a dog rescue charity so perhaps they're somewhat appropriate. Great pictures - thank you!

jayne said...

Lunadog, I think a few dog hairs on a dog-rescue shawl are good luck! It's like saying: "Welcome...this is a dog-friendly place."

CatBookMom said...

Jayne, the link via Alyson to Chez Cas has resulted in a fair amount of yarn being on its way to SoCal. KnitDevil just coincidently needed some Euroflax and I just, um, got a bit of Lorna's sock yarns, for some socks, y'know, and for a shawl.... {blush}

jayne said...

LOL, CBM, read at your own risk!

Brezomayo Designs said...

i love your pictures! I found you on etsy...i am new to blogging and thought I would say hi!