Wednesday, May 09, 2007

God's Gift to Peahens

Thank you very much for your kind comments on my last post.

Do any of you remember playing Trivial Pursuit? My friends and I used to play quite a lot of it in the mid-80's when it had just come out and was so popular. I can be a bit of a dolt, and one time playing the game, I got the question:

What does a Peacock mate with?

I don't know. I was a bit stunned at the question. "You mean...what parts??" I asked. My friends have NEVER let me forget it. I'm pretty sure it came up at my wedding too.



A potential Etsy client emailed me a beautiful photograph of a close-up shot of a peacock's tail feather. She asked if I could do something with the teals, greens, blues and super deep blue-purple colour of that dark circle in the feather. I think I've come pretty close here.



The yarn is still damp in these photos, and it hasn't been re-skeined yet. The yarn is my fab Trekking sock yarn from the UK. Very nice to dye and to work with. I can already understand why that yarn is so popular.



I've also done up some skeins in this colorway in the luxury merino/alpaca/silk DK. They are rinsing now, and look great.

I need some name suggestions. I've been enjoying unusual, funky or tongue-in-cheek yarn names. I could call it:

Strut Your Stuff
Peahen's Delight

or....??? Suggestions are always welcome.

6 comments:

Shannah said...

Peasocks!

Sorry that's the best I could do.... I like your names.

Thanks for the comment on my blog the other day. And you do, indeed, have some beautiful yarns.... hmmmmmmmm.....

:-)

You did wonderful writing on the previous entry about depression and thereapists and bad things that happen. Thank you.

Les said...

Oh, ya, I like Peasocks for the trekking!
Les

Joan said...

Very beautiful, Jayne! Coincidentally, I have an old Trivia Pursuit game going into my garage sale Saturday. Never played it.

Joan said...

BTW don't like "peasocks" as a name particularly. It's the pee part. Not that peacock is a great word to begin with. LOL.

jayne said...

Ok, the name that is sticking in my head now is:

Austin Peacock

(yeah, baby!)

Kim said...

Jayne that yarn is so beautiful.