Saturday, May 19, 2007

Etsy Shenanigans

I get to meet some etsians today!! Yippee!!!

There are a bunch of etsy sellers in the Vancouver area, and we've arranged to meet for coffee and, well to MEET. This afternoon. I'm so excited. I've chatted with several of these women (yeah, women only) in the forums, and there are some real personalities in the bunch, so this should be fun. As for me, I'll be my usual bland self.

I keep forgetting to mention -- but there is a tradition at etsy that is called SNS: Saturday Night Special. It starts at 6:00pm/etsy/NY time (3:00 my time) and ends at 6:00am on Sunday/etsy/NY time.

How do you find out what is on sale? Well...in the forums, near the bottom of the page is a section called Promotions/Critiques. One of the threads, and you might have to hunt a bit, will have a list of all the sellers who are offering deals on Saturday night. There are some great deals to be had, and it is fun too.

I've offered Saturday Night Specials the last two weeks, and it has been fun and good for business. The first week, I sent hand-made earrings and necklaces along with each order. Last week, I had a sale of all my "Good,Bad,Ugly" yarn that wasn't quite up to snuff. It all went.

This week, I am sending along goodie-loot bags with each order. Small loot bags for orders under 50.00, and bigger goodie bags for orders of 50.00 or over (before shipping charges). The bigger goodie bags are going to contain little loot plus a free ball of Noro Kureyon.

Little loot will be things like yarn samples, stitch markers, small jewelry items, other little goodies. It's all fun.

Just thought I'd letcha know!

Happy weekend!!

5 comments:

Rosie Perera said...

You bland? Never! You are one of the most fascinating, funny, wacky, interesting, creative, and inspirational people I know.

CatBookMom said...

Bland? I never have though of you as bland, not even from the first few posts I read from you. You are going to have a great time with the meet-up.

As Rosie said, about Jayne: Creative. Inspirational. Fascinating. Funny. Bright, in both senses. Compassionate. Thoughtful. Etc.

My word is 'hrkler' Is that a heckler of females?

Les said...

Cool!
Les

Kim said...

How could such an enabler be bland? I just got sucked into Etsy for about 2 hours. Thankfully they only sucked my time and not my wallet.

Joan said...

I remain etsy-free thankfully (I think) but it sure sounds like you are having a ball!