Thursday, May 17, 2007

Frankenstein on the Rampage!



I can't stop laughing. I had the idea for this hat/yarn/marketing project weeks ago. It came to me while I was having a Shiatsu massage. Seems I get my best ideas either while in the shower, or while having a Shiatsu. Must be something about feeling relaxed and letting my mind wander.

In my mind, I could picture this acid green yarn with deep blue/purple contrasts. I could see it knitted up into a hat, and of course I would call it Frankenstein. Next thing, I saw these skull beads for sale at etsy, and today it all came together. The yarn, the hat (finished about an hour ago), the beads, the description. I have to share it here because, for some reason, I can't stop laughing. It just strikes me funny.



You can check out the full listing at etsy, if you want to see all the pix etc. But here is a snippet of the description:

Frankenstein has lost his favorite knitted hat. You know, the one that went perfectly with his acid green complexion and Johnny-Cash-Black Hair. He's pretty grumpy and I heard he was on the rampage looking for it. If he comes beating down my door for it, I'll be ready. Will you?



Oh, and by the way, Frankenstein's hat is the first totally finished item I've knitted in aeons.

11 comments:

Joan said...

Way cute model.

CatBookMom said...

I take it that's DH mugging???

BTW, I didn't/won't buy the Noro. Thanks.

LisaW. said...

Love it! So is that YOUR hand dye or someone else's?

jayne said...

Yes, Lisa, that is mine (mine mine all mine).

I have it listed over at etsy as yarn, skully marker, and pattern. One of them has flown out of the shop already.

CBM, you crack me up. That's Colin, the ham.

Kim said...

The yarn is really pretty. I get my best ideas in the shower too. Only place with no noise!

Jennifer said...

LOVE IT!

Alyson said...

I saw this in your shop and it definitely made me smile. I love the colors too!

And I keep being really sucky about letting you know that I got the contest yarn and I love it! Your colors are so vibrant!

Anonymous said...

Love the hat Jayne! Wish my DS would pull his head out of his A**e long enough for me to knit him one :)!

benne said...

Jayne, that is so funny! It looks like Colin thinks so too. ;-} Glad you have a FO, feels good doesn't it?

Madge said...

LOVE me some monster themed yarn!

You should have a series for Halloween. :)

Anonymous said...

Jayne,
Your hat made me smile too! Brought back memories of a bright green Frankenstein plastic toy & a Halloween bean bag Frankenstein that talked when you pushed it. Not surprised that you've sold a kit already!