I am a writer. Among other things that I am and that I enjoy, I am a writer. I have boxes of journals,and myriad computer files, full of poems, observations, essays, and stories about my strange life. Stories that I hope to publish one day. I'm just narcissistic enough to believe that other people might enjoy reading those poems, thoughts, and stories too.
I'm not in a space in my life to pursue publishing at this time, but I miss writing. I miss blogging. I used to share my life here a little...and then I stopped. I stopped mainly because I don't like my family, and I don't like that they can find me here and read things about my life. I'm not talking about my own family -- my husband and kids -- I'm talking about that other family, the one I grew up in. Well, I'm tired of hiding, and I've decided that if I want to write, I'm just going to go ahead and write.
Ten things to know about me:
1. I love my job (I play with string and fluff and beads for a living)
2. I am a hermit
3. I live in a house with The Man, The Boy, The Cupcake, two guinea pigs and a hamster
4. I think of my old family as Oddly, Weary, Milk, and Poach
5. I go to knit night at Black Sheep Yarns in Port Moody
6. I go to church and I love Jesus, and I even believe in all that crazy supernatural resurrection stuff, but only if gay people and bad people and everyone else gets to be there too. Cuz lord knows, I ain't perfect.
7. I wish that Coke and Cheetohs was considered a healthy meal replacement
8. I love movies
9. I don't read the newspaper
10 I have DID (you'll have to look it up). And no, The United States of Tara is not an accurate depiction. Neither is Sybil.
And here's a bonus...I recently returned from a trip to Maui with Man, Boy, and Cupcake. One of the highlights was that we snorkeled a lot and saw giant sea turtles...like these guys: